Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wii60 and proud

So I haven't posted in quite a while, and in the last week a couple of my buddies have made updates to their blogs so the pressure was too much.

Heather and I had our 7th anniversary last week. Heather got me a Anniversary + Valentines combo gift - a Microsoft XBox 360 with Burnout Revenge. I must say I was completely surprised but totally happy and so far it has been really awesome. The Burnout game is a total blast and the graphics are definitely an upgrade to the Wii graphics (but still the XBox won't have Mario Kart or Zelda anytime soon!). My friend Forrest pointed out that I'm now a member of the Wii60 coalition!

I've still got a bunch of video games I'm working through. Final Fantasy III, Diddy Kong Racing, Neverwinter Nights 2, Burnout Revenge... sooooo many games. And I have a big list of other games I want to get when I start knocking those off, and now with a new console I can put things like Gears or War on the list.

In a few short hours The Police will be opening the Grammy Awards. They are one of my favorite bands, and if you've been keeping up with my blog you know Stewart Copeland is one of my favorite drummers. I can't wait... and I'm going to see them when they go on tour, oh yes, I'll see them.

I'm going to see Tool with my friend Nathan in March. I've only recently gotten into Tool... still not a huge fan, but I really like some of the stuff on the last album.

Prince played at the Super Bowl and I've gotten a lot of instant messages and emails about it since everyone knows I'm a HUGE Prince fan. I thought it was okay, but not great. I don't know why he felt the need to cover the Foo Fighters song, and then we got edited up versions of Lets Go Crazy, Baby I'm a Star, and Purple Rain. I was hoping since James Brown had recently died and Prince is a big JB fan that he would do some sort of tribute, as well as some uptempo party jams. Oh well, it's still better than Aerosmith + Brittney Spears so I can't complain.

Job is still as good as can be expected.

Wife and kid are good.

That's about it... I'll try to post a followup with my review of the Police reunion in the next few days. I'm kind of nervous I've built it up too much in my mind and it can't live up... but we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude The Police WOW.....brings back some definite memories...still remember the lyrics there is a little black spot on the sun today.....from Mrs Cain Poli Sci class playing name that lyric....Copeland looked fabulous, alot older though. Love the fact that he plays traditional.....

Duncan