Sunday, June 11, 2006

One of the cooler shows on Earth

So Brooke and I went to the circus yesterday afternoon. We had great seats. We were dead center, probably 10 rows up. When we sat down I saw a guy caddy-corner in front of me shooting some pics with a pretty nice looking rig. Turns out it was KJ from work. He was there with his family. That was cool durning the intermission I had someone to talk to.

The circus was pretty neat. It's basically the same concept as the last time I went when I was a kid, but just bigger, louder, etc. Brooke seemed to like the elephant tricks and the tigers. I think it was a little long for her, plus it was late in the afternoon so she seemed to get a little tired as it went on, but overall she had a good time. She picked out a circus bear stuffed animal for her present from the circus. I wanted to get her a t-shirt too, but they didn't have any kid sizes!?!. I said to the guy "good luck selling all these to adults". That makes no sense.

We walked through the old Myriad Center (now the Cox Convention Center) to get to the Ford Center. When we were walking through we happened to time it perfect and Brooke got to see them walking the elephants out of that building towards the Ford Center. That was pretty neat.

It was a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you enjoyed taking Brooke to the circus. We will have a small one here during Homecoming (at the show barn at the arena. Wish you all could come but I know it will be hot-July 1. Grammy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time at the circus. I haven't been to the circus in a while, but I have fond memories of going with my grandpa and the rest of my family as a child. My grandpa was a clown in the Akdar Shriner's circus when he was younger so it was a big tradition for him to bring us every year. I'm sure the circuses of today would make that one look pretty ghetto, but I suppose it will remain big in my memory.

Glad to see you guys enjoyed it. And dude, I thought intermission was for riding the elephants, not talking to your friends. :)